Thursday

Girl Power with Clara Courel!





Dress Up and Childish Fun 

Projects, Treasures, Bomb Shell, and Dress-up


“I have never understood the female capacity to avoid a direct answer to any question.” - Spock

Clara lives in an art gallery she calls her apartment, in Madrid. She was curious to see my new collection Bomb Shell, and discuss future projects so I left with a trunk full of jewellery and headed her way. I showed her my pieces from For Your Eyes Only and Bomb Shell, she bought a few pieces, one of them which she will wear to an appearance tonight at the AD party!

The fashionista has an impressive CV including, former fashion news editor for ELLE, currently the MBFW Madrid correspondent, writes for  periodico La Razon, and is an all-round fashion writer, but she's not the fashion diva, or business woman you might be imagining. No, she has the charming flair of an innocent girl, making her a pleasure to hang about. Her child-like love for life, and energy is intoxicating - you're ensured a blast with her!








( I am wearing a Loewe bag, Jimmy Choo boots, blouse from Zara and leggings from American Apparel, and my new Bombshell Crab earrings)

But let's focus on what's really important, Clara's apartment. Her boyfriend  and friend of mine Hugo Portuondo owns the art gallery Portuondo with his brother Diego in 90-92 Pimlico Road, London hence the art gallery vibe in the couple's apartment, and the walls are covered in art pieces, and photographs taken by Hugo's brother, Diego.








Every corner has a different theme with the most wonderful treasures from dolls (one of them a Chanel doll, with the same outfit as me!), to souvenirs and art pieces.







One of my favourite items was a framed picture of planet of the apes. Don't you just love the unorthodox idea of that? 





Her walk-in closet is just as fabulous as the rest of her apartment. It was like waling into a high fashion boutique, mixed with a Halloween costume store. Looking though her closet I felt like a 9 years old drooling over a pink princess dress. Except I'm not 9 anymore, and it wasn't a pink princess dress, but a pair of Jimmy Choo's! Clara truly is one of the most nice and kind people I've met, and I'm not only saying this because I got to borrow the shoes for the photo shoot. Thank you Clara!


A fun fact I learned about her, is that she loves Spock. Yes, Spock as in Startreck. A trekkie at heart, she has a special corner for her Startreck memorabilia, including a Spock doll, Spock costume and a framed picture of none other than Spock. Unfortunately Leonard Nemoy, who played Spock, passed away the 15th of February this year, a great loss for all man and vulcans (Startreck joke).






Thank you Clara for your hospitality, you're the best treasure in your apartment! 


Live Long and Prosper, Clara!






NEW PROJECT Coming soon: Courel Game.